BLAZING "WooCommerce Shipment Tracking" Wordpress Plugin
This plugin is available on Wordpress.org to install or download.
This plugin is free, and will not have a pro version or a subscription for shipment tracking. If you have no problem with sharing all of your store's shipment information with another company, you can use another paid plugin. However, this plugin is designed for those who prefer to keep data private.
The concept is very simple: In the settings page you list all the couriers you need, along with their tracking url. Also you can modify the phrases related to Shipment tracking displayed on customer's order history page and emails. Then for every order that you enter shipment information, that information will be shown to the customer.
How to Define you List Of Couriers
In the settings page (Settings->BLZ-Ship_Tracking in Dashboard), There is a textbox for couriers' list. The format of the list is JSON. If you search internet, you will find many "Online JSON Validators". You can write your list in that textbox, or a text editor, then validate it in online validators. If that list has no problem, you can save it as your list of couriers.
There are a few points to consider:
- For every couriers, you should introduce a slug, which is going to be the internal name of that courier. The slug must be a lower-case name without any space or special characters, other than dash ('-') or underscore ('_').
- If you provide a url for a courier, the plugin can show a tracking button to the customer, which directs the customer to that provided url.
- The number of couriers is not limited, but keeping the list short and relevant is advised.
- One unnecessary comma, or a missing one, can invalidate json format. So please be careful in modifying the list.
Entering tracking info on the order page
The plugin allows you to enter/modify shipment info on the order page. After an order is complete, simply enter the tracking number and select a courier on WooCommerce order page, the same info will be displayed on customer's order history page.
Shipment Tracking Email
If shipment info is added to the order, the "Order Complete" email would contain the shipment info as well, for customer to track the shipment. Just in case you need to modify the shipment info, or ship the order in installments, this plugin allows you to send another dedicated email for shipment tracking. It adds a button to the order page reads "Email Tracking Info", which sends the tracking info to the customer, in a dedicated email. The template of the email can be modified in the Woocommerce->Settings->Emails section.
From within WordPress
1. Visit 'Plugins > Add New'
2. Search for 'Blazing Woocommerce Shipment Tracking'
3. Activate the plugin from your Plugins page.
4. Go to "after activation" below.
1. Upload the `blazing-woocommerce-tracking` folder to the '/wp-content/plugins/' directory
2. Activate the 'Blazing Woocommerce Shipment Tracking plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress
3. Go to "after activation" below.
1. Go to Settings->BLZ-Ship_Tracking page to setup the plugin the way you need.
2. In the settings page you list all the couriers you need, along with their tracking url.
3. You're done!
This plugin requires at least PHP 5.4
This plugin requires at least WooCommerce 2.1